Modified from a recipe in The Amazing Flax Cookbook by Jane Reinhardt-Martin, RD
- 1-1/2 cup flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour by Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 whole egg (I use Eggland’s Best)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup smashed bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In large bowl, mix together flour, flaxseed, sugar and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, mix egg, canola oil, bananas, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix wet into dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
Use paper muffin cups or spray the muffin pans with non-stick spray. Bake large muffins 20-25 minutes at 350 degree oven. Bake mini-muffins ~15 minutes at 350 degree oven.
Makes 12 muffins or 30 mini-muffins.