From the recipe files at www.northarvestbean.org. There are many recipes available incorporating black beans into a brownie recipe. I had numerous people sample this one asking if they could taste a “secret ingredient”. None guessed black beans, and all declared the brownies delicious!
Inclusion of this recipe on my web site is not permission to eat the entire pan of brownies! Cut into small pieces, savor 1 or 2, and then put the rest in the freezer to pull out as a special treat when you just need a small taste of chocolate.
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup cooked black bean puree
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix cocoa, butter, sugar, black bean puree and eggs together in a bowl until well blended.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture.
- Grease a 9 x13 inch pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.