An easy, quick, and delicious dinner. You may substitute any type of vegetable, including any left-overs hanging out in your frig.
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, well drained
- 1 c. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 c. low-fat milk (or unflavored soy milk)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 8-10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1-2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly spray 9 inch pie plate or round quiche dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place veggies and onions in pie plate.
- Puree ricotta, yogurt, eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and mustard in blender. Pour over veggies in pie plate. Scatter crumbled feta cheese, parsley, and olives on top.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick tests clean. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 4–6 servings.
Serve with another fresh vegetable, fruit salad, and whole grain bread.