Reprinted with permission from The Amazing Flax Cookbook by Jane
Reinhardt-Martin, RD, LD - available from the author's web site and Amazon
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Place all ingredients except basil in blender, food processor, or small chopper/grinder.
- Pureed until paste is formed. Make sure you add basil last, or after you have made a paste to prevent discoloration or darkening of the basil.
Makes ~8 Tbsp.
- increase flavor of any pasta dish, lentil or vegetable soup
- as a base on pizza dough
- on baked potatoes instead of butter.
Be creative and see how many ways you can find to increase your flaxseed intake this way!