I add greens like kale to most everything. Here is one recipe that lets kale (or any other healthy green leafy veggie) stand and shine alone!
- 1 bunch kale (maybe about 1#)
- 2 Tbsp.olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic (mince 10 minutes prior to heating to maximize the activity of the cancer fighting molecules)
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- To prepare the kale, remove the leaves from the stems and chop coarsely.
- Wash and shake the leaves but leave them slightly damp.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan, saute the garlic (do not let it brown),
- add about 1 cup of kale leaves, then keep adding and stirring all the kale leaves until all the leaves are slightly wilted.
Cover and cook on low heat until leaves are tender. (5-10 minutes depending on age of leaves). Stir a few times, make sure the pan does not go dry (add a Tbsp. of water at a time if needed). Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 generous servings. Sprinkle with a dash of vinegar and sesame seeds before serving. This is so good that I always eat any left over while I am cleaning up the kitchen.