- 1 frozen whole
wheat pizza crust (Kabuli is a brand available at some natural
food grocery stores like Whole Foods)
- 1 c. fat free pizza
sauce and/or salsa
- 2 c. fresh veggies,
such as red pepper slices, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts,
black olives, broccoli, and green onions
- 2-4 oz. soy mozzarella-style
cheese or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. feta cheese
Spread sauce over
crust, and Top with veggies and then cheese.
Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes. Makes
approximately 8 pieces and serves 2-4.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (using
a bread machine)
- 1-1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. warm water (13
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tbsp. honey or other sweetner
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. whole wheat bread
- 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 1-1/2 tsp. instant yeast (or
2-1/4 tsp. active yeast, the amount in one package of yeast)
- Place the ingredients in the bread machine.
- Select the dough cycle and press start.
- Check after 5 minutes of kneading; adjust
the amount of water or flour to produce a soft ball.
- When the dough cycle ends, remove half
makes enough for 2 - 14 inch thin pizzas, so repeat the following
instructions with the second half of the dough.
- On a floured surface, shape the dough
into an 8-inch diameter disk; continue flattening to about 12
inches in diameter.
- Let rest for several minutes; resume
stretching to 14 inches.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. cornmeal on pan, move
dough to the pan, brush with olive oil, add sause and toppings,
except cheese, and bake at 450 degrees F. for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the cheese, bake an additional 2-3
minutes until cheese melts and the edge of the crust is lightly