- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- dash cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups carrots strips or slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. golden raisins
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over moderate heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add sugar, spieces, and carrots, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the OJ and raisins.
- Bring to a boil, quickly reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender.
- Add the cayenne pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley or mint if desired (and available).
Makes 4 servings. Don't let any extra sauce go down the drain. It can be spooned over brown rice. Yummy!