Table of Contents
In the world of weight loss, two names have risen to the top over the years – Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers.
Both diets are two of the most popular programs in the world , and that’s because they both worth great for losing weight and helping folks improve their health.
Each one brings some very different things to the table, though, so while Nutrisystem may work great for many people, WW may be the better option for others.
With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at both diets, so you can decide which one might be a good fit for you.
If you’ve tried other diets, and found them overly complicated, got burnt out on meal prepping and trips to the grocery store, and didn’t have the motivation to stick with it, then Nutrisystem may be the difference you’ve been looking for (see why).
Nutrisystem has been so successful, because they make weight loss simple .
Pick a plan that fits your food preferences and budget, follow the program, connect with a diet counselor if needed, and you’ll be on your way to losing weight!
How it Works
Nutrisystem centers around their meal delivery service, but there’s a bit more to it than that. Here’s a very brief overview of how their program works:
- Pick Your Menu and Plan: They Have 4 to Choose From (Also Options for Diabetics and Vegetarians)
- Get the Food: Once Your Order’s Processed You Should Get Your Food in Just a Few Days
- Unbox/Organize: Unbox Your Food, and Organize the Meals, Snacks, and Shakes
- Download the App: This is Great for Meal and Progress Tracking
- Learn How the Program Works: Read the Program Materials the Send You
- Eat 6 Small Meals per Day: Most of These will be Nutrisystem Meals, but Some You Can Make Yourself
- Weight Loss Support if Needed: Nutrisytem Counselors are Standing if You Hit a Snag or Just Need Support
- Lose Weight: Follow the Program, and You Should be On Your Way to Losing Weight!
Of course, you will have to follow the Nutrisystem program closely if you want to see real weight loss results, but they make that pretty easy to do, with a plan that’s clear and simple to follow.
What Makes Nutrisystem Different From Weight Watchers
The biggest difference between Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers is probably the meal delivery component.
Nutrisytem offers a full meal delivery diet service , which means they send you a 28-day supply of meals and snacks right to your door every month.
This great if you don’t want to worry about counting calories or points, meal prepping, grocery shopping, and figuring out what you’re going to make for every meal.
If you like simplicity, then Nutrisystem may be a good fit.
How Do You Sign Up?
If you want to get started with the full Nutrisystem program (that’s what I tried and personally recommend), then you’ll need to head to their website.
From there, you’ll pick the best plan for you. You can also read testimonials, see all of their pricing options, and look at their entire food menu.
2. WW (Weight Watchers)
If you’ve decided that meal delivery isn’t what you’re looking for, then WW (Weight Watchers) may be the answer.
Their program is quite a bit different than Nutrisystem’s, but it still can produce some pretty amazing weight loss and health results when used correctly .
If you’re more of a do-it-yourselfer, as in you’re totally comfortable counting points, grocery shopping, meal prepping, and making smart choices when dining out, then WW may be the better plan for you.
Here are just a few of the reasons why so many people like Weight Watchers:
- More Freedom With Freestyle: WW recently launched a new program the call Freestyle, and it has a list of more than 100 foods that are 0 points. That means you can eat them freely, without them counting towards your daily total.
- Be Part of a Community: When you join Weight Watchers, you become a part of their community. That means, connecting with other members online, or in person at a meeting.
- Top-Rated App: With the WW App you can track your food and exercise points, see what foods to eat when dining out, get recipes, connect with your coach, and much more.
- The Points Work: WW is world-famous because of their unique points system for tracking your food and exercise each day. The points have been proven to help people reach their goals for years now.
- Pretty Affordable: When it comes to affordable diet options, WW is one of the best. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly weight loss program, you may want to start with their “Digital” plan.
Who Should Consider WW over Nutrisystem?
We’ve highlighted some key differences between Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers above, and it should be pretty clear by now who should consider WW – if you don’t think meal delivery is the right option for you, and you like the idea of being able to get everything done from a app, then it may be time to put Weight Watchers at the top of your list.
While WW doesn’t have a full meal delivery program, like Nutrisystem, they do have some food available, with point totals clearly labeled on the packaging.
These can be great options for grab and gos, or if you just need a quick meal or snack during your busy workday.
How Do You Sign up?
If you’re ready to learn more about Weight Watchers, then you’ll need to head to their website to get started.
You can take a closer look at the plans they currently offer to see which one might be your best fit, hear from customers, and learn more about their new Freestyle program.
When it comes to choosing between Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem, you’ll have several factors to consider when deciding which program is best for you.
The biggest difference between the two is that Nutrisystem is a meal delivery diet service, while Weight Watchers offers an app and points system that helps with meal planning and recipe ideas.
If you prefer the idea of having a done-for-you program that supplies most of your meals and snacks each month, then you’ll want to put Nutrisystem at the top of your list.
If you prefer doing your own grocery shopping, meal planning, and prep, then WW may be the better fit.
Either way, if you’re needing to lose weight, pick a program that fits your needs and budget and get started.
And Our Winner Is?
If I had to go with just one, Nutrisystem would be my pick. Meal delivery is more my style, though, so that factor makes my choice easier.
Wondering if Nutrisystem is right for you?
- Brittany Yamamoto-Taylor, 10 of the Most Popular Diet in 2018, Cook Smarts. Retrieved at https://www.cooksmarts.com/articles/the-most-popular-diets-defined/
- Successful Stories of Weight Loss, Nutrisystem. Retrieved at https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/success_stories/success_story.jsp?id=27600409&weightLoss=60
- Christine Yu, 14 Meal Services That Delivery Healthy Foods Across the Country, Well and Good. Retrieved at https://www.wellandgood.com/good-food/national-healthy-meal-delivery-services/
- WW (Weight Watchers) Diet, U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved at https://health.usnews.com/best-diet/weight-watchers-diet